Today I was proudly showing my blog to Dave, a good friend from work. "Proudly" would be the perfect word if it also meant "embarrassed". While I consider myself an illiterate in multiple languages (after 7 years in Canada I haven't learned English yet and my Portuguese is starting to fade away), Dave is my "English hero". Not only he writes really well but also knows all the grammar rules that would explain "why one should use a comma here" for example. A typical case of knowing what to do and how to do it. Anyways, I am digressing...
When I was showing the blog to Dave, he pointed out that the chunks of code I wrote were not been properly displayed on his Windows box. After some digging, we found out that the culprit was the "fixed" font on my CSS. After changing it from
font-family: fixed, courier, courier new, times, times new, times new roman;
font-family: courier new, courier, fixed, times, times new, times new roman;
everything worked just fine.
Perhaps I should show this to Nick, another good friend from work, from whom I've stolen... err... leveraged the CSS customizations.