Saturday, May 14, 2011

A new life ahead

It has been a while since I've written something here. Either by laziness or my notorious capability of ignoring the social media aspects of today's world, I know I have completely abandoned this blog.

What made me take the time to post now, then? To share that after 10+ years I am no longer an IBMer. It was a very hard decision and at the end the I've chosen what made sense for me and my family. At this moment I fell great, anxiously waiting for the start of my life. Honestly though, by the beginning of this week I was almost miserable: not for regretting the path that I was taking but to be taking it. It is hard to explain. IBM has been a second home, one that was opened to me just two weeks after I came to Canada. Oh well... I promised myself I wouldn't get emotional ;-)

So what lies ahead? In a few weeks I will join Oracle, working with the team that is creating the best Eclipse tooling for developers that have adopted Oracle technologies. Man, I am exited! First I will be back to daily interactions with my favourite framework and its related technologies. Second, I will have to learn an entire new world of enterprise-focused technologies! Lots of fun and hard work for the next months.

6 comments:

Pascal said...

That's a great news! All the best to you in your new endeavour.

Ian Bull said...

Congrats on the move... keep us posted on what you're doing at Oracle. Seems like they are picking up a lot of good people lately.

Chris Aniszczyk (zx) said...

Sweet, more Eclipse love!

Konstantin Komissarchik said...

Welcome to Oracle! Which group are you joining?

Unknown said...

Congrats Marcelo ! Let EMF appears in every tooling around here !

Marcelo Paternostro said...

Thank you all for the kind words. Looking forward to interacting with you again ;-)

Konstantin: I have to confess I don't know the official name of the group I am joining. I will post here as soon as I do.